Building In Belize
We built two houses in Consejo Shores. It was a fun and educational experience. Check out the daily building logs for each project and see how a house is built in Belize. It is fascinating. These houses were built before the new Belize Building Code (2003) was being enforced, so they were build without architects, engineers and government interference or inspections. Given the new rules, we won't be building here again.
Construction Projects in Consejo Shores
New Permit Regulations and Other Information
There is a lot of controversy surrounding the haphazard implementation of the Belize Building Code. Here are some article written by local "experts" about the new requirements. A couple of the articles are simply one man's opinion of how houses should be build in Belize. Zipped PDF's of the actual Building Code Act and the application for review are also made available for you reading enjoyment.
- Building Code Regulations from a Practitioners View Point
- Building Permit Requirements in Belize
- Contracting in Belize
- Selecting a Contractor
- Concrete Block Construction
- Belize Building Act 2003 (1.2 Mb)
- Building Act 2005 Revision (4 Mb)
- Over Water Regulations (194 Kb)
- Application For Review (0.4 Mb)